English for Academic Purposes course is a systematic and rigorous program designed to give ambitious students the key skills required for US university life.
Topics include learning an academic writing style, note taking, study skills and practice exams. You will also have regular academic counselling from your teachers and, if required, help with university or college applications.
The course will include the following:
- listening skills such as extended listening, active listening and note-taking
- reading skills such as finding information quickly in texts, summarising and paraphrasing
- writing skills such as planning and linking ideas, essay structure and presenting an argument
- speaking skills such as presenting ideas, leading discussions or seminars, debating and expressing an opinion
- an introduction to North American academic methods and learning culture
- study skills including essay writing, independent research, critical analysis and thinking skills, advanced reading and presentation skills
Course duration: 8 weeks
Entry level: Intermediate + (B1)
Click here to review starting dates and tuition fees.