Our English Language school in Manhattan, New York, provides a year-round program of varied afternoon, evening and weekend activities to encourage students to take advantage of New York City and the surrounding area. We arrange tickets for Broadway shows, double-decker bus tours, visits to Central Park, walking tours of Manhattan and Brooklyn, boat trips on the Hudson River, tours of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the MoMA and much more!
Our social program allows you to get to know your classmates better in a more informal setting. It also allows you to practice the English you've learned while you're having fun sightseeing in New York. There is so much to see and learn about New York, which makes it the perfect place for you to go out and make the most of your English. Take advantage of our Social Program to get out and explore New York. We're happy to arrange your next adventure for you!
Examples of group excursions with our school in New York:
- In The Heights on Broadway - This Tony Award-winning musical comedy was written about the Spanish-speaking Washington Heights area of Upper Manhattan. If you love Broadway, this is the must-see show of 2009!
- Circle Line boat cruise - This cruise down the Hudson River offers a stunning panoramic of the famed New York skyline and a close-up view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- Baseball at the new Yankee Stadium - Finished in 2009 and costing $1.5 billion, Yankee Stadium is an awe-inspiring place to watch New York's home team play. You'll be impressed even if you're not a fan of baseball.
- Strawberry Fields walking tour - Take a tour of Central Park West near 72nd street to see the Dakota, the building where John Lennon and Yoko Ono lived and where Lennon was shot. Visit the Strawberry Fields Memorial to Lennon in Central Park. See the usual mourners and peace-lovers playing the guitar and laying flowers on the ground.
- Lincoln Center for ballet or opera - Famed for staging some of the most talented dancers and opera singers in the world, Lincoln Center itself is a piece of architecture worth seeing. You'll be even more impressed, however, by the spectacular performances that grace the stage. Located at 60th Street, this is also a great place to go out for a pre-show dinner as the surrounding restaurants are some of the best in the city.
Taking classes at our English Language school in New York is about more than just studying English - it's about experiencing English in its entirety, and having fun while doing it!